Saturday, May 9, 2009

Yellow Top Redux

Well, I decided NOT to wash and try to shrink the yellow top, being fairly certain I had probably prewashed this fabric before putting it into my stash.

So on Monday, I ripped the entire shirt apart.

Then I adjusted some measurements and settings and recut the pieces. I superimposed the NEW pattern onto the OLD pattern before I printed, so I could line up the pieces with the old pattern before cutting on the NEW lines.






By Monday night, the shirt had been resewn...version 2.

Here is the comparison...the BEFORE and AFTER pics. I am holding up 2 fingers in the pics of the second version (not giving hippie signals!) to indicate which version is which.







As you can see, it really is NOT better. Probably, it is worse...although the narrower shoulders ARE better.













But the shorter upper back (distance from neck to armhole depth) is definitely BAD.

The slight loss of bust and hip ease was not good, either.







The sleeves ARE better...less full...but are still too full and fluttery. Plus, look at the way the back of the sleeve is plastered against the back of my arm (that's a clue!)...yet there is all this extra room in the front of the sleeve.


I pulled this up at the shoulders, so the second version's neck is higher and the hem is shorter.

But still, it hangs on my backside. I wonder what using a CB seam will do?

1 comment:

Marilyn League said...

Patricia,
Peace and love to you always.
I do like the look of #2 yellow t shirt, the sleeves are much more flattering. But the excess fabric in the back is a bit distracting from your lovely figure. Have you though of using a bit of ease in the front side seams to eliminate that fold line pointing to your bust? The shaped hem is quite attractive, too.

 
Free Hit Counter